Potpuri - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Down on the corner
Early in the evening, just about suppertime
Over by the courthouse theyr´ve starting to unwind
Four kids on the corner, trying to bring you up
Willy picks a tune out and he blows it on the harp
Down on the corner, out in the street, Willy and the
Poor boys are playing, bring a nickel; tap your feet

Looking out my back door

Just got home from Illinois, lock the front door, oh boy
Got to sit down, take a rest on the porch
Imagination sets in pretty soon I’m singing
Doo, doo, doo, looking out my back door

Proud Mary

Left a job in the city, working for the man every night and day
And I never lost one minute of sleeping
Worrying about the way things might have been
Big wheel, keep on turning, Proud Mary, keep on burning
Rolling, rolling, rolling on the river

Up around the bend

There’s a place up ahead and I’m going just as fast as my feet can fly
Come away; come away if you’re going, leave the sinking ship behind
Come on the rising wind, we’re going up around the bend

Midnight special

Well, you woke up in the morning, hear the big bell ring
You go marching to the table, see the same damn thing
Well, it’s on a one table, knife and fork and a pan
And if you say a thing about it, you’re in trouble with the man
Let the Midnight Special shine her light on me
Let the Midnight Special shine her ever-loving light on me

Cotton fields
When I was a little baby my mother rocked me in the cradle
In them old cotton fields at home
When I was a little baby my mother rocked me in the cradle
In them old cotton fields at home
Oh, when the cotton ball got rotten you can’t pick very much cotton
In them old cotton fields at home
It was down in Louisiana just about a mile from Texas canyon
In them old cotton fields at home
When I was a little baby my mother rocked me in the cradle
In them old cotton fields at home


... 웃 ...